Based in The Netherlands
Fall (Early Access 16 February 2017)
Nintendo Switch, PC, MAC, Linux
Dimension Drive is a space shooter that challenges your skills in entirely new ways. Play two games at once on this dual battlefield madness set on a comic book universe! The Ashajuls, a cruel multidimensional alien race, are attacking our universe. Fight as Jackelyne Tywood (a.k.a. Jack) in The Manticore, a legendary ship capable of teleporting across space and dimensions. Uncover the mysteries of your past and the origin of the Dimension Drives with your trusty friend and A.I., "V.E.R.A.", at your side.
Dimension Drive is the dream game of David Jimenez and Alejandro Santiago (2Awesome Studio). The shoot’em up genre became popular during the 80s in arcades where they were played in cabinets with screens designed to match the game aspect ratio. 2Awesome Studio plans to bring all the best from our childhood games (R-Type, Gradius...) to the present with new new mechanics. Being succesfully Kickstarted to the tune of $42000 and 1200 backers in 2015, 2Awesome Studio plans to release Dimension Drive on Nintendo Switch and Steam in 2017. Dimension Drive has already been selected for several awards such as Indie Prize Europe 16 Showcase selection and Momocon Indie Game Award 16 winner.
- A New Type of Shoot’Em Up: Dimension Drive is a Dual-Battlefield vertical Shoot’Em Up with a focus on smart, quick teleporting.
- Unlock several weapons by finding secret data cubes in the levels and improve your arsenal for the ultimate fight. Choose the best weapon for each level.
- Rich Sci-fi Adventure: Unfold the secrets of the Dimension Drives and your past, teleport across the multiverse fighting the ultimate threat, and meet new races and allies!
- Clever mix of mechanics: A seamless combination of levels focusing on strategic shooting and real-time puzzles will make you question what you know about shoot'em ups.
- 2 games on your screen: Multitask and single-handedly fight 2 shoot’em ups side-by-side.
- 4 difficulty modes: Normal, Hard, Extreme and WTF! Offer different challenges for different play styles. Play with shields in Normal, or go to the old-school route with one hit kills in Hard and Extreme. If you are up for the challenge try WTF! and try your luck at beating the game with one single hit.
- Mirror Dimension: Finished the 13 levels of the campaign? Play the Mirror Dimension levels. 13 extra levels in this New Game+ mode.
- Single player and local co-op: Play solo or enjoy our unique take on 2 player mode: total cooperative where both players share everything down to their lives, play as a team or die.
- The Multiverse: Finished the story mode? Don't worry, we got you covered. One new level releases every 2 weeks for you to challenge your friends and claim the highest score. Become the best pilot in The Multiverse!
- Comicbook art style: Video game meets comic. Experience the story of Jack through the motion comics and awe at the colour rich in-game comic art style. Who said space was black?
- Energy management: The Manticore is powered by the Dimension Drive energy. Carefully strategize and decide when and where are the best places to teleport.
- Advanced scoring system: Obtain the best score in the leaderboards.
- Teleportation! (We said that already, didn't we?)
Dimension Drive Nintendo Switch Announcement YouTube
Dimension Drive Intro YouTube
Logo & Icon
The development blog of Dimension Drive is available at dimensiondrive.com.
Press/Youtubers can request press keys of our most recent build at dodistribute.com.
About 2Awesome Studio
2Awesome Studio is a Dutch independent game development studio composed of David Jimenez and Alejandro Santiago. Adding awesomeness to reality by developing video games with new and addictive mechanics.
More information on 2Awesome Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Dimension Drive Credits
Lead Programming, game design, 2Awesome Studio
Lead Artist, freelancer
Cut-scene Artist, freelancer
HUD and menus, The Carbon Concept
Delfo Gabriele Pinto
2D art, freelancer
Music, Music Vortex
Music and sound effects, freelancer